Created by a team of world renowned clinicians and researchers in the field of diabetes, Arche Healthcare’s CLUE® (Control Losses Upon Examination) program helps forward-thinking payors to achieve a compelling ROI through improved management of the lower extremities of their beneficiaries with diabetes. Arche Healthcare’s CLUE program provides an engaging and cost effective population health strategy created on the principle of a LEAP (Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention) model that will reduce wounds and amputations of the lower extremities of people with diabetes by 48% or more.
The Arche Healthcare CLUE model equips your podiatrists with protocols, processes, technology and tools that enable them to measurably improve the outcomes of their care for patients with diabetes.
Using the Arche OPTYX® technology platform, we enable practitioners to:
- Identify their patients with diabetes
- Effectively engage patients using the proprietary Arche Comprehensive Diabetic Foot Examination experience, resulting in improved levels of healthcare literacy and active participation in a personalized care strategy
- Stratify their patients’ individualized risk using a standardized, evidence-based approach
- Document patient findings
- Track process metrics and measure outcomes
- Intervene timely before a problem progresses to a wound by equipping patients with home monitoring tools that alert them to early indicators of inflammation and developing ulceration or injury
- Elevate the standard of care
- Improving quality metrics
Program costs are comprised of both reoccurring annual costs and a one-time fee for the highest risk members to receive TempStat® and DermaStat® home-monitoring devices for early detection of ulceration risk.
Recurring costs are generated by the delivery of the appropriate level of care for each patient as determined by evidence-based guidelines and protocols. Each person with diabetes should have an annual Arche Comprehensive Diabetic Foot Examination (CDFE), and those that are eligible should receive a prescription for therapeutic footwear and insoles. These evidence-based protocols will reduce the incidence of Diabetic Foot Ulcers (DFUs) and Lower Extremity Amputations (LEAs), resulting in lower morbidity, mortality and cost.
Those members at the highest risk, stratified in Risk Levels 2 and 3 based on their Arche CDFE, will be given home-monitoring devices for daily self-monitoring. This is a one time charge included in the cost and ROI calculations.
The calculator below illustrates, using your member population, what ROI you can expect from the Arche Healthcare CLUE program.