All estimates and calculations always assume medical necessity and normal Standard of Care.
Ref. # Citation
- CMS. Chronic Conditions among Medicare Beneficiaries, Chartbook, 2012 Edition. Baltimore, MD, 2012. https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Chronic-Conditions/Downloads/2012Chartbook.pdf
- Peters EJG and Lavery LA Effectiveness of the Diabetic Foot Risk Classification System of the International Working Group on the Diabetic Foot. Diabetes Care 2001;24(8):1442-1447.
- Margolis DJ, Malay DS, Hoffstad OJ, et al. Incidence of Diabetic Foot Ulcer and Lower Extremity Amputation Among Medicare Beneficiaries, 2006 to 2008: Data Points #2. Data Points Publication Series. Rockville, MD 2011.
- Rice JB, Cummings AKG, Birnbaum HG, Skornicki M, Parsons NB. Burden of Diabetic Foot Ulcers for Medicare and Private Insurers. Diabetes Care 2014;37:651-658.
- Carls GS, Gibson TB, Driver VR, et al. The Economic Value of Specialized Lower-Extremity Medical Care by Podiatric Physicians in the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2011;101(2):91-115.
- Rith-Najarian S, Branchaud C, Beaulieu O, Gohdes D, Simonson G, Mazze R. Reducing lower-extremity amputations due to diabetes. Application of the staged diabetes management approach in a primary care setting. J Fam Pract 1998;47:127-32.
- Dargis V, Pantelejeva O, Jonushaite A, Vileikyte L, Boulton AJ. Benefits of a multidisciplinary approach in the management of recurrent diabetic foot ulceration in Lithuania: a prospective study. Diabetes Care 1999;22:1428-31.
- Lavery LA, Wunderlich RP, Tredwell JL. Disease management for the diabetic foot: effectiveness of a diabetic foot prevention program to reduce amputations and hospitalizations. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2005;70:31-7.
- Cost-of-illness studies in chronic ulcers: a systematic review (PDF)